BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »

Sunday, February 7, 2010

The back story

So to start off I would like to let everyone know that this is my first blog ever. I have never been much into blogs but I figured this would be a good topic to start with. I am 23 years old, married, no kids, and recently braced. I have always been self conscience about my smile and finally decided to do something about it. It all started about 6 months ago. I went in for a regular check up and had a cavity filled and a cleaning. Next was my wisdom teeth. Holy heck was that painful. I had 3 to be removed, one on each top and a lovely impacted one on the bottom left. So after getting those removed, dealing with the crapload of pain that came with that, I made an orthodontist appointment. All fine and dandy right? wrong! Two days before my appointment my impacted wisdom tooth area became abscess. OUCH! So I went in and had that taken care of. I still desperately wanted to go to the ortho appt.... So I did complete with gauze packing in my newly opened wound. After talking about my options I found out I was not a candidate for invisalign. So I went with the next best to clear.... ceramic. Two weeks later I am sitting in the chair getting the brackets put on. It has now been 2 and a half days since braced and I have to say it's weird. Leaving the ortho office I felt like I had a big spiny alien in my mouth. I am starting to get used to it though. The pain has been tolerable. I have been taking advil every 4 hours religiously or else it feels like I got kicked in the teeth. Eating is crazy. I got what I like to call lift kits on my back teeth so I don't bite my bottom brackets off. They make chewing very difficult. All in all I am happy with my decision. I hope my teeth start to move very fast... I am extremely impatient. I will post again with before pics and tell a little more about the treatment plan yada yada.

3 comments:

richard-cgd said...

Hi Jamie,

I see that this is your first blog, and a very good topic to start one about. Orthodontic treatment can be a tiring journey but the results are usually worth it. I must say that I think it is great when people opt to blog about their treatment as this enables others to see how such treatment can make a difference, and thus give others the confidence to go ahead with relevant dental treatment.

I am writing to you as I feel you and your followers could benefit from a link to the http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/ possibly on your sidebar if you are inclined to provide links, which would give you are your followers access to information concerning a range of orthodontic treatment as well as a host of other dental treatment like teeth whitening.

The Cosmetic Dentistry Guide is the leading provider of cosmetic dental information online in the UK, and includes a forum as well as an expert answers section, so if you or your followers have any questions then feel free to ask.

Our topics include:

Orthodontics - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/orthodontics.html
Teeth Whitening - http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/teethwhitening.html

Our homepage is: http://www.cosmeticdentistryguide.co.uk/

Good luck with your treatment and feel free to make use of our site.

Kind regards and keep up the good work with your blog.


Richard.

quint9 said...

Hi Jamie. I have been unhappy with my smile for most of my life as well but I waited until I was 40 to do something about it. I am and will continue to be so angry with myself for not doing something about it sooner. I am, at this point, in a Schwartz expander in preparation for the "metal mouth" journey that will begin in about 2 months. Good luck to you and thank you for blogging about your experiences. It helps those of us who are following your lead to a beautiful smile.

P.S. I think you were quite pretty before the braces and even prettier with them. You will be a knock-out when you have that perfect smile.

Jamie said...

oh thank you so much. I am glad that people are reading and I am hopefully making it an easier decision for them to get braces.